Me, myself and I

Me, myself and I

Iñigo Lasa Berasain


I was born almost nineteen years ago
and, although it doesn’t seem that long,
I have lived many experiences that have stuck.

I have never been alone,
life gave me a twin brother to share all.
We have been through good and bad,
through smiles and cries.
We are like two peas in a pod,
Together against all odds.
My brother and I are always comparing results
in order to push ourselves,
to become successful adults.

I have another brother,
he is older, but we couldn’t be closer,
He has set an exemplary path,
we look up to him when times are tough.

As I told you before,
competition is in my genome.
Playing sports turns my ambitious side on.
I love playing soccer and basketball,
but I am ready for any sport.
I always try my best,
although sometimes I’m a mess.

I’m very optimistic,
Perhaps sometimes unrealistic,
people find me sympathetic,
but beware, I’m very sarcastic.

Fascinated by new discoveries,
 when I was young, I wanted to be an archaeologist.
As I kept growing new dreams and aspirations appeared.
To become a lawyer or an economist,
or why not an illusionist.

Now, I find myself in a new chapter of my life.
All the things I’ve learned in the past,
I get to use at last.
For the challenges the future holds,
I’ll fight against all odds.

To believe in myself and to never give up,
this is the way I am.
I have to work hard
To reach my goals and fulfil my life.

Comentarios

Entradas populares